This post is part of the Anglo-Indian Project Christmas series 2016.
What are the key findings of the Anglo-Indian Project so far?
- 39 previously unknown ancestors discovered (46 total)
- 7 generations uncovered
- Portuguese ancestry discovered (Pereira and De Silva)
- 6 Family names so far:
- Wheeler, Hassett, Wharton, Pereira, De Silva, Lee
- 9 family names by marriage:
- Smith, Gibson, Murray, Hassett-Murray, Blakeman, Callaghan, Astridge, Gordon, Watts
- Many interesting stories, but three in particular stand out:
- Global interaction with the blog has led to family members making contact
- in addition, many people – academics, historians, Anglo-Indians, bloggers – are actively interacting in the project
- Many family photographs, stories and items have been shared
- 2016 trip to India revealed many insights into family who lived in Bombay.
Plenty more to look forward to in 2017!
Interact with the Anglo-Indian Project